- LEGOLAND Germany in Günzburg (50 km from Donauwörth)
- palaces and castles:
Harburg (12 km), Leitheim (11 km), Wallerstein (32 km), Baldern (40 km), Pappenheim (34 km), Willibaldsburg in Eichstätt (50 km), and many more
- Dehner Gardening-Centre and Show-Gardens in Rain/Lech (14 km)
- Augsburger Puppenkiste, the world famous puppet theatre, the zoo and the botanical garden in Augsburg (45 km)
- summer sledging in Pleinfeld (50 km)
- thermal baths and indoor wave pool in Treuchtlingen (32 km)
- caves in Riesbürg (35 km)
- fossil-quarry in Solnhofen, Altmühltal (30 km)
- historic town tours in Donauwörth and all neighbouring towns:
Höchstädt, Dillingen, Neuburg, Wemding, Nördlingen, Oettingen, Harburg, Rain, Monheim, Treuchtlingen, Weißenburg, Augsburg, and many more
Stork Klappi - mascot of Donauwörth
For some years, Donauwörth has been the home of a stork couple. The stork family feels comfortable in Donauwörth and is the best example of comfortable family holidays in Donauwörth, the Bavarian-Swabian pearl at the Danube and the Romantic Road.
Stork Klappi offers his own reading and colouring book, "Mit Klappi Storch durch Donauwörth", published by the manager of Donauwörth's tourist information centre, Ulrike Steger, and by the book-illustrator Claudia Stöckl. Children can colour motives that are characteristic of Donauwörth and learn interesting facts about the history of the town.
Stork Klappi also offers his own CD with 12 songs composed by Donauwörth's composer Michael Zinsmeister. The CD "Hier kommt Klappi Storch - Lieder vom musikalischen Wadelbeißer aus Donauwörth" is available for € 12,- at the tourist information centre.
How about enjoying your family holidays in Donauwörth?
We invite you to spend some carefree and adventurous days in Donauwörth. Boredom doesn't stand a single chance!
Donauwörth offers you:
- attractive biking, fishing and hiking possibilities
- boat hire and bike hire possibilities
- outdoor swimming pool with 90-metre slide
- indoor playground "Mucholino" www.donauwoerth.de/de-user-Freizeit-details-168.html
- 18-hole golf course
- festivals, theatres and concerts
- 4 museums, among them the Käthe-Kruse-Doll-Museum and the Local Heritage Museum
- well-assorted local library with internet café
- leisure-centre with half-pipe, outdoor chess, table tennis and Kneipp cure and barefoot path
- special children's holiday activity programme
- lakes, barbecue, beach-volleyball, and many more
- iPod-tour (in German only)
Inside-tip for families:
How about spending your family holiday in the LEGOLAND in Günzburg? We have a very special weekend arrangement for you: stay in Donauwörth and spend a day in LEGOLAND Günzburg.